Fadell's configuration space
Given a manifold , the Fadell’s configuration space (in topology called simply configuration space) is the manifold of -tuples of pairwise distinct points in .
It is important in the study of topological fibrations, in the study of arrangements of hyperplanes, of Knizhnik-Zamolodchikov connections and in study of geometry of renormalization.
- Edward Fadell, Lee Neuwirth, Configuration spaces Math. Scand. 10 (1962) 111-118, MR141126, pdf
- Craig Westerland, Configuration spaces in geometry and topology, 2011, pdf
- Graeme Segal, Configuration-spaces and iterated loop-spaces, Invent. Math. 21 (1973), 213–221. MR 0331377
- Edward R. Fadell, Sufian Y. Husseini, Geometry and topology of configuration spaces, Springer Monographs in Mathematics (2001), MR2002k:55038, xvi+313 pp.
- F. R. Cohen, S. Gitler, On loop spaces of configuration spaces, Trans. Amer. Math. Soc. 354 (2002), no. 5, 1705–1748, MR2002m:55020
Revised on October 11, 2011 20:47:21
by Zoran Škoda