Think of the space below as unlimited electronic scratch paper. Hit “edit” below, to make notes.
Preliminary plan for:
Seminar Geometry of Physics
(Chapter 0. in CCC).
Question: Lecture 5
Question: do we need more time and should we put Lecture 5:
Question: Do we need Lie derivatives, Ch 4.? What do we need from chapters 7 and 8?
Question: Lecture 11
examples: harmonic oscillator, hydrogen atom?, Heisenberg formalism ?
Question: Lecture 12
special relativity/general relativity (Ch 11.) ?
Question: Lecture 13
on Lie groups and Lie algebras
(I guess this cannot and should not be omitted)
- topological quantization (Ch. 17. in Frankel)
By this time we understand how to get from Maxwell's equations to gauge theories
Seminar will be held in Croatian, lecture notes hopefully in English. Once a week, 90 minutes.
- Theodore Frankel, The Geometry of Physics - An Introduction (Ch. 1,2,3,5,8?,9,10,11?,15?16,17,20,22)
- L. Takhtajan, Quantum Mechanics for Mathematicians (lecture notes, shorter version)
- G. Svetlichny, Preparation for Gauge Theory
- A. Zee, Quantum Field Theory in a Nutshell (Ch. I, maybe some parts of III and IV)