nLab structure group




For GG a geometric group (e.g. a topological group or Lie group) and PXP \to X a GG-principal bundle, one says that GG is the structure group of PP.

More generally, and less tautologically, if VXV \to X is a GG-associated bundle then one says that VV has structure group GG.

In physics this is called the gauge group.

Last revised on March 11, 2021 at 08:08:26. See the history of this page for a list of all contributions to it.